Idea Spotlight is now integrated with the cloud storage solutions, Google Drive, Dropbox and Box, allowing you to control where content added to Ideas and Challenges is stored - in your preferred platform or from a local computer. Permission rights defined for the storage service are therefore applied to the attachments in Idea Spotlight. This guarantees to System Admins that only authorised accounts can access private documents. Idea Creators and the Challenge Managers are in turn sure that they comply with their organisation’s policy while having the option to easily add content when they are on the go.
How to enable cloud storage
Please note that only System Admins can enable cloud storage.
- Open the Admin Panel.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- Click on the Storage Configuration tab.
- Click on the cloud storage integrations you wish to use and Submit.
Adding Media when Submitting an Idea
- Navigate to the Challenge homepage and click on Submit Idea.
- Scroll down and click on the Media tab.
- Choose from the cloud storage options available on your spotlight.
Adding Media when creating a Challenge
- Hover over the cog icon and select Add Challenge.
- Under General Information click Media.
- You will be presented with the cloud storage options chosen by the System Admin.
Idea Spotlight now has OneDrive for Business integration, for more information please see:
OneDrive for Business Integration.