You can choose to send Ideas to a later stage in the workflow and bypass any intermediary stages by using the fast-track option.
To do this:
- Go to the Idea page and select ‘Fast-track’ from the menu options by clicking the ‘menu’ button on the right-hand side.
- Choose which stage you would like to send the Idea to and enter a message in the text field explaining why the idea has been fast-tracked. Note – You can make this feedback public and display it on the idea page by clicking the check-box ‘Publish this message as public update on the idea page’
You can also choose to fast-track multiple Ideas from the Challenge page by selecting the Ideas and choosing ‘Fast-track’ from the ‘Select an action’ dropdown list. As on the idea page, you will have the option to select the destination stage and provide feedback on why the Idea has been fast-tracked. All selected ideas will be fast-tracked to the selected stage and any published message will display in the Updates section of each idea.
Sending Ideas back:
You can send ideas back to a previous stage of the workflow using the send back functionality. To do this:
- Select ‘Send Back’ from the menu options by clicking the ‘menu’ button on the right-hand side.
- Choose which stage you would like to send the Idea back to and enter a message in the text field explaining why the idea has been sent. Note – You can make this feedback public and display it on the idea page by clicking the check-box ‘Publish this message as public update on the idea page’
You can also send back multiple ideas from the Challenge page by selecting the ideas and choosing Send back from the ‘Select an action’ dropdown list. As on the Idea page, you will have the option to select the destination stage and provide a personalized message. All selected ideas will be sent back to the selected stage and any published message will display in the Updates section of each idea.
Fast-Tracking and Gamification
System Admins can also choose to grant a specific number of points to an Idea creator when an Idea is fast-tracked. To do this
- Go to the Set Up Gamification page on the admin menu.
- Add the number of points you want to reward for each stage.
Idea creators will then receive points each time their Idea is fast-tracked a stage, so if you set 5 points per stage and the idea is fast-tracked 5 stages forward, 25 points would be granted.
Fast-tracking and Sending Back Ideas in Challenge exports:
When you export data for a Challenge that has Fast Track and/or Send back turned on, Ideas will appear in the report as follows:
Fast-tracking – ideas that were fast-tracked will include empty cells for the columns for the skipped stages.
Sending back – if an Idea passes through the same stage more than once (e.g. it’s moved back and then progressed) the export will list how many times that Idea has passed through that stage.
When progressing, fast-tracking, sending back, rejecting or approving an idea, a System Admin has the option to make the feedback public on the idea page. This is then displayed in the ‘Updates’ section on the Idea page.
Similarly, if the Lead Evaluator chooses to make the Evaluation feedback public, this feedback also displayed in the Updates section.
Clicking on the idea status allows all users to view the history of the idea. This overlay is divided in 3 sections: Status History, Progression History, and Evaluation History.
Status History tracks when and how the idea status was changed.
Progression History tracks when an idea moves from one stage to another.
Evaluation History tracks the evaluation decisions made in each evaluation stage.
Editing an Evaluation decision:
In a Phased Challenge, when an idea is in Evaluation and the Evaluation stage is in progress, a Lead Evaluator can edit the evaluation decision until the stage closes. Once the decision is submitted, an Edit button appears next to the Evaluation decision and changes can be made until the stage closes.
Note that the idea status remains ‘In Evaluation’ until the stage closes and the decision takes effect.